Arizona Renaissance Festival is fair, which takes place in Renaissance themed amusement park in Gold Canyon, Arizona. The mild and pleasant environment of the area makes it highly suitable for the festival that is held every year from late winter to mid-spring. The concept of the festival has seen numerous changes since last three decade. The festival, which was started in 1989 as a colorful curiosity has now become a plain, popular, and massive celebration.
Millions of people throng the springtime attraction, which is held from February to April annually, to experience the merriment and munch the delicious food.
The major attraction of the festival is a village that is recreated from the 16th Century. The festival allows various artisans, musicians, and entertainers to display their talent.
Below is the list of the things that you need to know about Arizona Renaissance Festival 2018.
Big Sneak Peek on Deep Lush – With upcoming release of the series you will be able to preview all the episodes of it. Given the sexual nature of the content and unique sexual chemistry between actors you can be sure it’s going to be an experience to remember!
- Duration And Location- The festival takes place on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am to 6 pm starting from February 10 to April 11. It is held at the festival ground in 12601 East US Highway 60, located in Gold Canyon.
- Admission And Age- People of all age group are allowed to enter and experience the fun of the festival. For the online buyers, tickets are rated as $25 for the adults, $23 for the military active on duty and for the senior citizens and $15 for the children between 5-12 years of age. Children below five are given free entrance.
- Weather And Bringing- As the weather will be warm and sunny, so it recommended to check the forecast before you head out for the festival and plan your clothes accordingly. Usually, the temperature increases due to the beginning of summer. If you get lucky then it might rain once or twice.
You can bring sunscreen lotion, hats, umbrella, sunglasses, and comfortable pair of shoes. If you want, you can also dress up like the medieval time or wear the costume inspired by the Game of Thrones. Any kind of cosplay is allowed during the festival. Things that are forbidden inside the festival ground include weapons, drugs, any dangerous thing and outside food or drinks.
- Getting In And Around- There is a little hassle at the entrance as you are allowed to enter the ground only after showing your ticket. You can also re-enter again on the same day after getting a stamp on your hand from the officials at the front gate.
The festival involves plenty of walk due to the expansive layout. Although, motorized scooters and wheelchairs are available for the rental purpose.
You can also hop on a rickshaw that will help you to run around the ground conveniently.
- Food And Drink- For foodaholics, there is plenty for all. The festival has the arrangement for over dozens of drinks and food stalls, where you can get a variety of options in appetizers as well as desserts. Both hard as well soft drinks are available for the purchase. The patrons are allowed to bring 16-24-ounce sealed water bottles. You either can purchase water from the stands or can quench your thirst from the drinking fountains around the festival.
- Entertainment- Plenty of live performances are held in 13 different stages that display numerous shows including dancing, music, comedy and many artistry performances. You can also see many street characters roaming on the ground and interacting with the people. In addition, a great collection of some power packed and thrilling rides can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
The most energetic and action full attraction of the festival is Jousting, where the knights get involved in a combat inside a jousting arena. Such events usually take place in the afternoon. It is advised to arrive early and take your spot, as there are few seating stands. Drum circle, which is held at the end of each day is another highlight of the festival.
- Marketplace- Another major attraction of the Arizona Renaissance Festival is the number of artisans and shops that sell many handmade items during the event. It is expected that over 200 types of artisans have attended the festival and they sell products including soaps, costumes, exotic oils, pottery, jeweller, period weaponry, sculpture, leatherwork, furniture, headwear and many more.
- Posted by AZReporter
- On 17/04/2019
- 0 Comments